Sunday 21 August 2016

Unsuspecting family is 'photobombed by a ghost girl holding a teddy bear'


A family claim they were photobombed by the ghost of a small girl holding a teddy bear while they posed for a selfie in an empty cinema.

Mother-of-three Emma Johnson, 35, from Liverpool, waited for the room at the Light Cinema in nearby New Brighton to empty before taking a snap with George, six, Ava, eight and first-time cinema-goer seven-month-old Harper.

But when the family, who were watching new Disney Pixar film Finding Dory, looked at the photo after they returned home they discovered they were not alone - a spectral figure appeared to have joined them.

Carer Ms Johnson says she was forced to tell her children that the ghostly apparition was a marketing ploy to promote the new Ghostbusters film to stop them from being scared.

She shared the photograph, which was taken at 12.30pm last Tuesday, online  ad suggested the ghost could have been a girl who drowned near the coastal cinema in the past.

Ms Johnson said: 'I wanted to take a selfie because it was the first time that Harper had been to the cinema but I was really self-conscious so I made sure that the cinema was empty.

'I even bumped into a friend who was on the back row and she assured me that there was no one there when I spoke to her later.

'It was only when we got home and checked the photo that we saw the ghost and I could make out a little girl and a teddy next to her. I didn't even think that it was possible to have a teddy bear ghost.

'My family are normally all quite skeptical, but everyone was a bit shocked when they saw it and I'm quite interested to find out what it could be.

'But we've had to hide it from the kids in case they are scared so we have just told them that it is an advert for Ghostbusters but my eldest is starting to cotton on now.'

Ms Johnson admitted she was a ghost skeptic before she took the photograph but her close encounter with the spectre has prompted her to become intrigued by the paranormal.


But after sharing the photo, the mother-of-three said she was met with accusations that she had used digital software to edit the image.

But Ms Johnson maintains her first meeting with a ghost was the genuine article.

She said: 'As soon as I shared the picture, I got some people accusing me of using Photoshop or apps on my phone but I'm rubbish with technology so I wouldn't even know where to start.

'I just shared it online because I was trying to shed some light on who the ghost could have been.

'Because the cinema is right near the sea, I don't know if it is of a little girl who drowned or something like that, but no one has mentioned any incidents like that just yet.'

A spokesman for the Light Cinema declined to comment on the incident.

Story and source: Daily Mail

0 comments:

Post a Comment